New Patient Care Coordinator
The primary purpose of the New Patient Care Coordinator position is to connect with new patients referred to the practice, ensure all patient intake forms are completed, and schedule new patient for their exam.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Answer and return all new patient incoming calls in a professional manner.
- Appropriately manage multiple incoming calls.
- Identify system and procedure inefficiencies and provides solutions.
- Assist Care Center Lead as needed.
- Ensure exceptional customer experience throughout patient visit.
- Take ownership of the provider’s schedules to ensure maximum efficiency and production.
- Act as a liaison between clinician and patient.
- Schedule new patient exams and reschedule when needed.
- Enter all referral patients into the patient records system.
- Screen each new patient for Same Day Starts (SDS) opportunity.
- Send new patient welcome email and required paperwork.
- Collect patient’s insurance information prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Ensure patient’s insurance eligibility is accurate.
- Ensure Health History forms are completed and submitted.
- Ensure necessary radiographs are present.
- Connect with all unscheduled referral patients within 2 days of receiving referral from general dentist.
- Schedule patient appointments in appropriate and timely manner in order to maintain full daily schedule and meet production goals.
- Concentrate and current day first, next day second, i.e. an opening in a current day schedule takes priority.
- Ensure insurance verification and benefits breakdowns are present for patients.
- Abide by all PPE standards for administrative staff.
- Adhere to confidentiality, state, federal, and HIPAA laws and guidelines with regards to patient’s records.
- Minimize waste, fraud, and abuse.
- Detail oriented.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Provides a general knowledge base need to perform the job duties.
- Exhibits professionalism.
- Performs job duties with a positive attitude and dedication to working hard.
- Provides support and cooperation when working with other to provide the best patient care.
- Remains loyal, carrying out the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Problem solver through critical thinking and providing solutions.
- Proactive in identifying areas of opportunity and making the appropriate adjustments.
- Demonstrates an expert level knowledge and skill set to properly execute the position duties.
- Always performing their best work and leading others to do the same.
Required education and experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service experience